This documentation is maintained by the community, it is not guaranteed to be complete or up-to-date. We always recommend users read the third-party documentation as part of the integration process to ensure the configuration matches their needs and as such we always link the documentation if available. If you find an error in this documentation please either start a Discussion, make a Pull Request, or contact us on a Chat Room.
Before You Begin
- The OpenID Connect 1.0
- This must be a unique value for every client.
- The value used in this guide is merely for demonstration purposes and you can theoretically use nearly any alphanumeric string.
- The OpenID Connect 1.0
- The value used in this guide is merely for demonstration purposes and you should absolutely not use this in production and should instead utilize the How Do I Generate Client Secrets FAQ.
- This string may be stored as plaintext in the Authelia configuration but this behaviour is deprecated and is not guaranteed to be supported in the future. See the Plaintext guide for more information.
- The Configuration example for Authelia is only a portion of the required configuration and it should be used as a guide in conjunction with the standard OpenID Connect 1.0 Configuration guide.
This example makes the following assumptions:
- Application Root URL:
- Authelia Root URL:
- Client ID:
- Client Secret:
Important Note: At the time of this writing Outline requires the
offline_access scope by default. Failure to include this scope will result
in an error as Outline will attempt to use a refresh token that is never issued.
To configure Outline to utilize Authelia as an OpenID Connect 1.0 Provider:
- Configure the following environment options:
URL=https://outline.example.com FORCE_HTTPS=true OIDC_CLIENT_ID=outline OIDC_CLIENT_SECRET=insecure_secret OIDC_AUTH_URI=https://auth.example.com/api/oidc/authorization OIDC_TOKEN_URI=https://auth.example.com/api/oidc/token OIDC_USERINFO_URI=https://auth.example.com/api/oidc/userinfo OIDC_USERNAME_CLAIM=preferred_username OIDC_DISPLAY_NAME=Authelia OIDC_SCOPES="openid offline_access profile email"
The following YAML configuration is an example Authelia client configuration for use with Outline which will operate with the above example:
identity_providers: oidc: ## The other portions of the mandatory OpenID Connect 1.0 configuration go here. ## See: https://www.authelia.com/c/oidc clients: - id: outline description: Outline secret: '$pbkdf2-sha512$310000$c8p78n7pUMln0jzvd4aK4Q$JNRBzwAo0ek5qKn50cFzzvE9RXV88h1wJn5KGiHrD0YKtZaR/nCb2CJPOsKaPK0hjf.9yHxzQGZziziccp6Yng' # The digest of 'insecure_secret'. public: false authorization_policy: two_factor redirect_uris: - https://outline.example.com/auth/oidc.callback scopes: - openid - offline_access - profile - email userinfo_signing_algorithm: none