This documentation is maintained by the community, it is not guaranteed to be complete or up-to-date. We always recommend users read the third-party documentation as part of the integration process to ensure the configuration matches their needs and as such we always link the documentation if available. If you find an error in this documentation please either start a Discussion, make a Pull Request, or contact us on a Chat Room.
Before You Begin
- The OpenID Connect 1.0
- This must be a unique value for every client.
- The value used in this guide is merely for demonstration purposes and you can theoretically use nearly any alphanumeric string.
- The OpenID Connect 1.0
- The value used in this guide is merely for demonstration purposes and you should absolutely not use this in production and should instead utilize the How Do I Generate Client Secrets FAQ.
- This string may be stored as plaintext in the Authelia configuration but this behaviour is deprecated and is not guaranteed to be supported in the future. See the Plaintext guide for more information.
- The Configuration example for Authelia is only a portion of the required configuration and it should be used as a guide in conjunction with the standard OpenID Connect 1.0 Configuration guide.
This example makes the following assumptions:
- Application Root URL:
- Authelia Root URL:
- Client ID:
- Client Secret:
Important Note: BookStack does not properly URL encode the secret per RFC6749 Appendix B at the time this article was last modified (noted at the bottom). This means you’ll either have to use only alphanumeric characters for the secret or URL encode the secret yourself.
To configure BookStack to utilize Authelia as an OpenID Connect 1.0 Provider:
- Edit your .env file
- Set the following values:
The following YAML configuration is an example Authelia client configuration for use with BookStack which will operate with the above example:
identity_providers: oidc: ## The other portions of the mandatory OpenID Connect 1.0 configuration go here. ## See: https://www.authelia.com/c/oidc clients: - id: bookstack description: BookStack secret: '$pbkdf2-sha512$310000$c8p78n7pUMln0jzvd4aK4Q$JNRBzwAo0ek5qKn50cFzzvE9RXV88h1wJn5KGiHrD0YKtZaR/nCb2CJPOsKaPK0hjf.9yHxzQGZziziccp6Yng' # The digest of 'insecure_secret'. public: false authorization_policy: two_factor redirect_uris: - https://bookstack.example.com/oidc/callback scopes: - openid - profile - email userinfo_signing_algorithm: none