Before You Begin
- You are required to utilize a unique client id for every client.
- The client id on this page is merely an example and you can theoretically use any alphanumeric string.
- You should not use the client secret in this example, We strongly recommend reading the Generating Client Secrets guide instead.
This example makes the following assumptions:
- Application Root URL:
- Authelia Root URL:
- Client ID:
- Client Secret:
Important Note: BookStack does not properly URL encode the secret per RFC6749 Appendix B at the time this article was last modified (noted at the bottom). This means you’ll either have to use only alphanumeric characters for the secret or URL encode the secret yourself.
- Edit your .env file
- Set the following values:
- id: bookstack description: BookStack secret: '$plaintext$bookstack_client_secret' public: false authorization_policy: two_factor redirect_uris: - https://bookstack.example.com/oidc/callback scopes: - openid - profile - email userinfo_signing_algorithm: none